What is CS Executive Entrance Test or CSEET?
CS Executive Entrance Test(CSEET) is mandatory qualifying exam for registration to Executive program of Company Secretary Course. Passing of CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) is mandatory for all students to register for CS Executive Programme, except a few exempted categories of candidates. The Test is Divided into Four Subject and consist of an On-line Computer Based Examination and Online Viva Voce.
Introduction of New CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET)
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has made amendment in the CS curriculum. ICSI has Introduced CSEET in place of CS Foundation Programme w.e.f. 3rd of February 2020. The foundation Program is no longer part of the curriculum and w.e.f. 3rd of February 2020, CSEET is the only qualifying entrance test for registration to the CS Executive Programme. The Motive behind introducing CSEET is to ensure students have the requisite level of aptitude and skills to become successful professionals. It will also ensure that the candidates become successful specialists to meet the stakeholders’ expectations
What is Eligibility criteria for appearing in CSEET?
– A candidate passed / appearing in the Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination or equivalent thereto is eligible to appear in the CSEET.
– All Graduates/ Post Graduates who were hitherto eligible for registration directly to CS Executive Programme, are also required to pass the CSEET to become eligible for registration to Executive Programme. (Note: Existing Foundation Programme Students shall be allowed to appear in the Foundation Programme Examinations till expiry of the validity of their registrations. Such students, after passing the Foundation Programme Examinations, may register for Executive Programme as per existing process)
Which Students are exempted from CSEET?
Candidates who have passed CS Foundation Programme are exempted from CSEET without any payment of exemption fee. Candidates who have passed the Final Examination of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and/or The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) are exempted from CSEET and shall pay `5,000 (Rupees Five Thousand Only) towards exemption fee at the time of Registration to CS Executive Programme.
What is the Pattern of the CSEET?
- The Institute will conduct CS Executive Entrance Test based on Objective Type / Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s) and viva-voce for testing listening, written communication and oral communication skills.
- There are four papers in CS Executive Entrance Test.
- Each paper contains objective type multiple choice questions having one or more marks each with four options with one correct answer.
- The duration of the Test shall be 120 minutes and viva-voce on Presentation and Communication Skills of 15 Minutes.
- There will be no negative Marking in the CSEET.
What is the bifurcation of the marks between subjects for CSEET?
|S. No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|2.||Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning||35||50|
|3.||Economic and Business Environment||35||50|
(Note: The Presentation and Communication Skills (Viva Voce) of 15 Minutes for 30 Marks will be conducted simultaneously with or immediately after the MCQ based CBT through online mode using artificial intelligence (AI) or through recoded videos at the designated Test Centres)
What is the passing criteria for CSEET?
The final score will be computed by adding the marks secured by candidates in both the Tests (CBT and Viva-Voce) out of a total of 200 marks.
Candidates shall be declared ‘PASS’ in CSEET on securing 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate.
What are the Criteria for Registration of CS Executive Programme?
Candidate must have cleared Senior Secondary Examination i.e. 10+2 Examination conducted by any approved examining body established by Law in India or an Examination recognised by the Central Government or State Government or equivalent thereto for the purposes of admission to Bachelor’s degree course; and
Candidate must have cleared Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) conducted by the Institute. The date of result of CSEET should not be older than one year prior to the date of such registration
What are the fees for CSEET?
The Registration Fees for appearing in CSEET is 1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) per student per appearance. The concession in fee is also available to Students. (Please refer PDF file for more details regarding Concession)
Which are the test centres for CSEET?
The examination will be held at multiple test centres across the country to ensure that the CSEET is conducted on a single day for all the registered candidates.
For more information regarding Syllabus, Examination Schedule, Result dates, Registration process and fees refer PDF File